The key to success: quotes you need to consistently remember
In the quest for trying to be successful, quotes have always played a significant role. This is because these words are gentle reminders that everyone goes through hardships from time to time, and that it’s OK to be human. But let’s talk about what we can actually do to get closer to our goals, which will ultimately lead to success in any of life’s multiple facets.
Sunshine, rainbows, and other parts of life
Has anyone ever told you that life is absolutely, undeniably perfect? The world is exclusively full of beautiful feelings and wondrous things to be a part of. You will never experience regret or fear and everyone will like you, look up to you, and empower you to do the greatest things you can possibly think of accomplishing.
I think it’s safe to assume nobody has ever told you that. In fact, believing something like that would probably make it extremely difficult to have a positive attitude at all. In addition, if you truly think about it, the contrasting nature of life is what makes it such an amazing process. Nobody’s life is perfect. However, living it is a fascinating, provocative, and at times, an outrageous experience that we are all a part of.
Being a successful playwright, Samuel Beckett sure knew how to use words just right, in order to wonderfully highlight this very point “Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.” An excellent conclusion, wouldn’t you say?
Useful tips and tricks to get you started
The key to success quotes stating that “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.” (Vince Lombardi) may provide an excellent source of inspiration for learning valuable life lessons. This is the reason why they perfectly complement any given advice on success and how to achieve it.
Essential suggestions (complete with ‘the key to success’ quotes that make a difference):
- ~ stop comparing yourself to others like it matters. This one made the top of the list for a reason. I’m sure you’ve heard it before. Nonetheless, human nature doesn’t always make sense. Nowadays, we are tempted more and more to analyze and contrast our own merits or features with those of others. Not only that, this tends to have a detrimental effect when we realize our own shortcomings. Life is not a contest, it is not a race and it is not a dispute. In other words, mind your own business and you’ll reach success much faster because you won’t get distracted.
“Ever loved someone so much, you would do anything for them? Yeah, well make that someone yourself and do whatever the hell you want.” Harvey Specter
- ~ find your ‘gift.’ We all have one. Some know what it is from day one, others learn how to naturally develop an ability they excel at. However, most of us have no idea what we are good at. Moreover, we might think we do not have a gift in the first place. But we do. It might be as simple as being a good listener, or as complex as instantly calculating college level mathematical equations. We just have to find it.
- ~ be honest with yourself. You should realistically define yourself, the world around you and the various circumstances of everyday life. This way, you will avoid disappointment. Additionally, this way of thinking will help you determine the changes you want to be making. Also, it will pave the way for finding the best solutions to apply in order to reach those goals.
- ~ get to know yourself. “Knowledge is power.” This one is closely related to the aforementioned point. The same things apply. There are some things you will find are easier to accept than others. But don’t worry. It’s an ongoing process and everyone has trouble with this.
- ~ embrace the good, but also the bad about yourself. It’s important to be as objective as possible when it comes to the process of accepting yourself as you are. The main thing to remember is the fact that we are all imperfect humans. And this is really what makes the world such a fun place to be.
“The key to success is action, and the essential in action is perseverance.” Sun Yat-sen
- ~ give up the things that hurt you. We all have those things we do that we know are harmful and yet we can’t stop doing them. I invite you to consider how those things are actually helping you. That is, after all, why you are subconsciously repeating the same thing over and over. Are the benefits these things bring worth their downsides? Knowing the answer to this question might just be what inspires you to shift your actions naturally.
“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.” Mark Twain
- ~ don’t just blindly follow inspirational advice. As we all know, “the road to hell is paved with good intentions.” Consider how every recommendation will apply to you specifically. Things like these affect different people differently. There is no one size fits all when it comes to what you should do.
- ~ go in the direction of your happiness, one step at a time. Drastic changes are hard. It’s better to take things as slow as you need by slowly incorporating positive things (habits, activities, thought patterns, etc.) into your life. Long term results are more likely this way.
- ~ remember that everything takes time. It might seem like you’re not there yet. It might seem like it will never happen. However, keep in mind that “Rome wasn’t built in a day.” It might take longer than you anticipated, but when you look back on everything, you might just see that you were there all along.
- ~ be aware of your emotions. Consciously paying attention to how you feel during certain scenarios will give you amazing insight into your own being. Thus, you will start to understand how you react when faced with various factors. Additionally, you might even find excellent ways of anticipating negative effects.
- ~ consider the past as ‘training’ for the present. Regret is useless, we all know that. Nevertheless, it is sometimes very hard to let go of. No problem. All you have to do is change your perspective. Think of everything that affected you in the past in the light of how it shaped you, gave you strength and allowed you to enhance various skills. And, just like super powers, these abilities can be used for ‘good’ or for ‘evil.’ It’s up to yu to put them to good use.
“Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” Albert Schweitzer
- ~ take it easy. Don’t put any unnecessary pressure on yourself. Think of it like finding the right letters to spell out your goals in a game of Scrabble. And go at your own pace because this process is all about you.
- ~ keep moving forward. Every little step counts as long as you don’t give up. Don’t get me wrong, more than a few setbacks can happen along the way, but not throwing in the towel counts immensely. You are allowed to feel overwhelmed, even sad at times, but keep in mind that “this too shall pass.“
“Success is the sum of small efforts – repeated day in and day out.” Robert Collier
- ~ don’t expect an end or a final destination. Life doesn’t stop when you become successful, it goes on forever. Just kidding.
- ~ learn how to assess and address the problem. When you find yourself in difficult circumstances, find the solution that works best for the situation at hand. Everyone has different ways of coping or handling life’s hurdles. Do the best you can and don’t worry too much about it.
You can now start working on changing your perspective and way of thinking into one that can get you better, long-term results. This type of mentality is what gives rise to the most successful quotes for life you will ever come across. These inspiring quotes prove that it is those people who try to make the most of their life experience, that ultimately succeed in life.
The main reason we are not successful: FEAR and what to do about it
Psychologically speaking, fear is good for us. Its purpose is to keep us safe from harm. When afraid, we might not run into incoming traffic or do other actions that might endanger our lives. Nevertheless, when taken to an extreme, fear stops providing us with benefits and instead keeps us back from achieving success.
Here’s how to let go of fear:
- ~ Fully understand that failure is a way to learn.
- ~ Enjoy the good things about yourself, life and everything around you.
- ~ Allow yourself to go in the direction of your happiness.
- ~ Realize that real success is the one that keeps on going.
These things have been said time and time again. Nonetheless, I consider that it’s this kind of things that can never be repeated too many times. Each time you see the reminder, you get inspired, just like hitting refresh on a web page. Things become clearer and start running smoother. Thus, your life improves and you start positively influencing those around you.
So just keep at it! You can’t really make mistakes in life, because, just like Oscar Wilde teaches us, “What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise.”