Laugh at these humorous motivational quotes and find out why
Jokes. They are awesome! They provide so many ways of brightening up your day. Even if you are having a great day, a joke can definitely make it better. Or when you reach a conversation stalemate and don’t know what to say. Jokes can come in handy because they are quick, smart and funny. Just like many would describe a perfect life partner.
Or better yet, a superhero. Let’s quickly sum up the multiple ways some well-placed, good jokes are like the superheroes of modern day social interactions.
- – They can be the perfect thing to say when the dreaded awkward silence creeps into a conversation.
- – A well-placed joke can instantly alleviate tension in an argument.
- – Humor is a proven mood enhancer.
- – You can make a great first impression by adding a fitting one-liner into the mix.
- – A person’s humor can be an indication of their intelligence level. Explore the character of the person you are talking to by watching their reaction to an intelligent joke. Go ahead, make your wittiest remark and you might meet your next best friend!
- – Jokes are great ways of letting out frustration without being too direct. However, it can be easy for the person to misunderstand your remark, so make sure you pick a suitable moment to do this. Offensive humor can be hard to master, but I believe in you. And anyone can do it well with a little practice.
- – Funny quotes or jokes stated by employees or team members are great complements for a business. Humor adds a little something extra and shows that efficient employees are people too.
Team building happens fast when the mood is light thanks to good humor.
- – Funny jokes can become your go-to stress release method. Just play some stand-up comedy shows on YouTube and you have a recipe for instant relaxation.
- – Teaching someone something is just better with the help of humor. This works wonders for kids.
- – Humorous quotes about work can actually improve your day and relieve some of the accumulated pressure you might be feeling working towards that impossible deadline.
These were only a few ways in which humorous motivational quotes or just plain jokes can be introduced into your daily life to add a bit of color to a gloomy day. But since I’ve mentioned so many methods to use jokes, let me share the best examples of hilarious sayings and humorous inspirational quotes by famous or unknown authors.
The perfect humorous motivational quotes to acquire a smile
“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” Thomas Eddison
“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.” A.A. Milne
“Follow your passion, stay true to yourself, never follow someone else’s path unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost and you see a path then by all means you should follow that.” Ellen Degeneres
“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” Zig Ziglar
“People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” Isaac Asimov
“Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.” Elbert Hubbard
“You can call me anything, just don’t call me late for dinner.”
“So I got off the plane and I forget to take off my seatbelt and I’m dragging the plane through the terminal… The wings are knocking people over…” Steven Wright
Finding the best humor for your disposition
Humorous motivational quotes can be a powerful mood-boosting tool. You never know just how beneficial they can be for your overall mood until you find the type of humor you resonate with the most. Maybe you love self-deprecating jokes. You might find a specific job category hilarious, like policemen or doctors. There are also dry jokes, which happen to be my personal favorites. But regardless of the kind of funny you fancy, you are bound to end up in tears… from the laughing… you got that, right?
Additionally, funny humor quotes could be the perfect words to include on a birthday card for your friend, colleague, or even your boss. Just be sure to think about the person whom the message is for, and make sure they are the type to be amused, rather than offended by such statements. Nobody likes to be called fat, old or stupid. Nonetheless, when wrapped in a humorous blanket of funny words, ending with a hilarious punch line, even these traits can appear as attributes, rather than defects, to the person in question.
Perceiving something as funny
Mark Twain stated that “Humor is tragedy plus time.” and Erma Bombeck observed that “There is a thin line that separates laughter and pain, comedy and tragedy, humor and hurt.” These words are amazing observations in and of themselves, not to mention they reflect the wit and humor of the two authors as well.
Nevertheless, it was Dr. Peter McGraw and his team who formulated the Benign Violation Theory on The Humor Research Lab or HuRL. This theory is meant to answer the age-old question “What makes things funny?”
This interesting theory is based on multiple academic papers and it teaches us that, in order for humor to occur, the following three conditions should be met:
- a situation should be a transgression
- the situation should be harmless
- both perceptions should occur simultaneously
It makes total sense if you ask me. The awesome part about this theory is the fact that it clears up the mystery of why things are not funny at the same time. You can read the full details about this approach on humorresearchlab.org.
In case you have found inspiration in the funny humor quotes I mentioned today, I leave you with another hilarious quote by Mel Brooks, which is by far my favorite.
“Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die.”